If you came here wandering and searching for the best 15 gallon fish tanks, then search no more because you have come to the right spot.
When searching for the right fish tanks, it can be quite hard and stressful since you have to look into lots of different websites or go and explore the whole market physically. Since the market is full of different options, it isn’t easy to find the best 15 gallon fish tank.
Down below I will be discussing everything that you need to know for 15 gallon fish tanks and alongside I will be listing the best 15 gallon fish tanks, including their pros, cons, and other unique features that make them stand out from the rest.
Keeping pets can be quite fun and stressful, so many people deny the option of keeping pets. Maintaining aquarium fishes and pets isn’t that stressful; you do not need to take care of fishes for the whole day.
Keeping aquarium pets is very easy and doesn’t require a lot of work, but you will require a bigger fish tank as soon as you get more into it. Hence, I will be making your search for the best 15 gallon fish tanks much easier.
Best 15 Gallon Fish Tanks:
Down below, I will be listing all the top 15 gallon tanks for you to choose from.
1. Aqueon LED Aquarium Starter Kit Column Black
- A taller, vertical aquarium view
- Takes up less horizontal space
If you are searching for a good looking fish tank and want to add it as a décor piece for your office or want to add a delicate touch to your living room, then the Aqueon LED Aquarium is the one to go for. The design is very compact and isn’t going to take much of a space. When you opt for the Aqueon starter kit aquarium, you will not need to buy additional gears to start your aquarium journey since it comes with many necessary gears like fish nets and thermometers, power filter, water conditioner, and fish food.
It has a dimension of 3.75 x 13.75 x 25 inches with an approximate weight of 25.2 pounds.
- This tank comes with everything that you are going to need for your aquarium.
- The lighting setup is very bright since it is powered by LED.
- The color is black, which is very pleasing for the eyes.
- The hood is powered with florescent lights.
- The design is very compact.
- You need to buy the contemporary stand separately.
- The weight is a bit on the heavier side.
Our Thoughts On Aqueon LED Aquarium Starter Kit:
Well, I personally like this tank since it takes up very little space and looks very good to the eyes. The Aqueon LED aquarium starter kit can be a perfect option for the beginners since it will be coming with all the require3d goodies for the aquarium. Additionally, you don’t even need to keep track when to change the filter cartridge because it comes with smart led on the top of the filter, which starts to flash when it’s time to replace the cartridge. However, the weight of the tank is a bit on the heavier side. Saying all this, The Aqueon starter kit is a beautifully designed aquarium for people looking for compact 15 gallon tanks.
2. SeaClear 15 Gallon Acrylic Deluxe Hexagon Aquarium Combo Set
- Combo includes aquarium, reflector and electrical 12" light fixture
- Tranquil Hexagon design; You won't believe how your fish and decorations will pop!
The SeaClear combo set is very easy to use a fish tank since it is not very complicated to get this thing started. The tank is hexagonal in shape and is very durable, the acrylic used in the construction of the tank will make sure that it lasts for very long.
It is also less inclined to chipping and splitting, making it ideal for houses with kids and other pets. Additionally, you will also get a 12 inches reflector and electrical light fixture, so you do not have to take the hassle of buying them separately.
The SeaClear Acrylic Deluxe aquarium comes with dimensions of 15 x 15 x 20 inches and a shipping weight of 15.9 pounds.
- It is made up of acrylic, which is more grounded and lighter than glass;
- The corners of the tank is rounded, making the aquarium secure for kids and other pets,
- SeaClear offers you three different background options to choose from to select the one you like the best,
- You will also be able to add filter and heater of your choice with the SeaClear aquarium.
- You can use the aquarium for both salt and freshwater.
- It is very easy to setup the tank.
- You have to buy the light since it does not come included with the aquarium.
- The lid is not removable, so you will have a tough time cleaning it.
Our Thoughts on SeaClear Acrylic Aquarium Combo Set:
If your house is filled with kids and pets, then there can be no better options than the SeaClear Aquarium. The acrylic makes it very durable, and the rounded corners add to the safety and durability. SeaClear is not a new company when it comes to the aquarium industry, and they have an excellent reputation for the quality of their products, and they even provide an extended warranty compared to other companies.
3. Coralife LED Biocube Aquarium
- Sleek modern hood with vibrant LED lighting for freshwater to saltwater environments
- Integrated 24-hour timer with three independent channels bright white sparkling blue and color enhancing LEDs
This tank isn’t precisely 15 gallons; it is slightly bigger, to be exact 16 gallons. However, if you are looking for a little larger tank, you can definitely look for the Coralife LED Biocube Aquarium. This tank will come pre-installed with filtration, pump, and LED lighting. One unique feature that you will find with the Coralife Biocube aquarium is the integrated 24-hour timer that has offers three different lighting settings; sparkling blue, color-enhancing, and bright white.
It also comes with an automatic 30-minute sunrise and sunset day cycle with a 60 minutes moonset/moonrise functions, which will replicate the natural day cycle.
This tank comes with a dimension of 15 x 16.8 x 17.5 inches, with a total shipping weight of 30.6 pounds.
- The setup of the tank only takes around 30 minutes and is very easy to setup.
- The tank is a very good looking one, and the build quality is reliable.
- The Coralife Biocube aquarium has three different lighting settings.
- You will find three chambers at the very rare of the tank, and you can use the chambers for keeping equipment.
- The filter is of very highest quality.
- The LED of the tank is only useful for specific types of plants.
- The tank is not that cheap.
Our Thoughts on Coralife LED Biocube Aquarium LED
If you are searching for a premium looking tank and is searching for a slightly bigger size than the 15 gallons and you have no problem with the pricing, then the Coralife LED Biocube aquarium is the one to go for. It comes with all the settings like auto lighting features, natural scene recreating options, and many more that any premium aquarium will come with. If you are searching for a premium tank in a high budget, then Coralife Biocube aquarium is the perfect choice for you.
4. Fluval Flex 15 Gallon Aquarium Kit
- The 15 gallon Fluval Flex Freshwater Kit is one of very few freshwater aquarium kits to incorporate brilliant...
If you are looking for a complete kit under a low budget, then Fluval Flex aquarium can be a very good choice for you. It comes with every equipment that you will need for keeping fish, and this is also an ideal choice for both beginners and advanced users.
It also comes with a LED light, which is extraordinary for advancing the development of a broad scope of plants and will likewise upgrade your fish’s shade. The LED lights can be controlled utilizing a remote control and can be set to various hues, and you can even give some fun effects like a faded cloud.
The Fluval Flex has a dimension of 0.39 x 0.39 x 0.39 inches with a weight of 13.95 Kilograms.
- You will have an ample amount of space in the back to keep your own heater.
- The Curved front looks very good, and you can see everything in the whole aquarium.
- The Fluval flex has a very good filtration system.
- It comes with 15 different light settings, so you can always choose the one that you like the most or just mix match with them according to your mood.
- The LED light will help with the proper growth of your plants.
- The hood of the tank isn’t that durable.
- Changing the lights can be a hassle.
Our Thoughts On Hagen HG Fluval Flex Aquarium 57L:
This is a perfect starter kit for both beginners and experts who are on a tight budget. The bowed front makes the Fluval Flex aquarium kit look like an expensive premium tank. The tank’s unique design is done in such a way that you can easily see everything in the tank. However, the background can make some fishes look dull in this tank. Saying all that, Fluval Flex tank is one of the best starters easy to start aquarium kits in the market currently.
5. Fluval Evo Aquarium Kit
- 13.5 gallon glass aquarium for saltwater fish
- Stylish honeycomb design conceals rear aquarium filter compartment and aquarium water line while looking ultra...
Even though the Fluval Evo tank holds 13.5 gallon water, but don’t get fooled with the size since it is not less than any of the other 15 gallon tanks mentioned here. Hence, it was worth mentioning in this list of the best 15-gallon tank.
This tank includes a customary rectangular tank shape with a cutting-edge contact to it. It has a sleek aluminum packaging that is guaranteed to be waterproof, and glasswork with the included spread. While it does exclude a protein skimmer or warmer, it incorporates a 11000k high-yield LED light for coral development in the tank.
It has a dimension of 23.4 x 13.5 x 15.6 inches with a weight of 28 pounds.
- Even though it holds 13.5-gallon water, but the build quality is the same as a 15-gallon tank.
- The design is stylish and got a classy vibe to it
- Includes a LED lamp that is needed for the proper growth of coral.
- The tank is properly sealed; hence you will not have any types of leakage issues.
- Specially designed for saltwater, but can be used for freshwater also.
- The lid of the tank is not very tight.
Our thoughts on Fluval Sea Evo Saltwater Fish Tank Aquarium Kit
This is an absolutely beautifully designed tank that offers a sleek design as well as modern technologies in it. I personally love the unique 3 stage filtration system that comes with chemical, mechanical, and biological Fluval filter. The canopy is also multifunctional with easy feed door. The aluminum casing will ensure that the tank is fully waterproof. So, the Fluval Evo aquarium kit is definitely a good choice if you are looking for a 15-gallon tank or something smaller in size.
6. Aqueon Deluxe LED Bow Front Aquarium kit
- Low profile LED full tank hood for high aquarium light output
- Curved front glass panel provides a dramatic fish viewing area
Another one of tanks in the 16 gallon sector which is a bit bigger than the 15 gallon tanks that we are talking about today. The first look of the tank will make you fall in love with it. A gorgeous looking bow- front aquarium made out of transparent glass sheets, which is very durable and long-lasting. Additionally, the sheets are sealed with black silicone, which makes the tank even more durable.
The Quiet Flow 10 LED pro power filter that comes with it is probably one of the best filters in the market now. The filter uses a multi-step filtration system and thoughtfully designed filter cartridge, so you can be assured that your waters will be filtered at the purest form.
The Aqueon Deluxe aquarium has a dimension of 21.5 x 14.5 x 19.5 inches with a weight of 27 pounds.
- The tank comes with all the inner components like heater, filtration, etc.
- The kit includes a 1-day white LED energy-efficient aquarium lamp.
- The hood comes with a low-profile LED full tank.
- The pro power filter is one of the best filters in market out there.
- The bowed front looks gorgeous.
- The included heater is not that good over the long term.
Our Thoughts on Aqueon Deluxe LED Bow Front kits
When it comes to price, the Aqueon deluxe LED bow front aquarium isn’t a cheap one. But, it certainly delivers for the money you are going to pay for it. The filter comes with a LED indicator, which will automatically monitor the water levels and notify you when the cartridge needs to be changed. And most importantly, this tank will come with everything you need to maintain and set up your aquarium like a guide, fish food samples, heater, conditioner, etc.
7. BiOrb Classic 60 aquarium
- Filter cartridge – a true “one size fits all” Filter for the biorb aquariums
- Constructed out of Acrylic- 10 times stronger than glass, 50% lighter and 93% clearer
If you are looking for a unique looking circular tank for your office or home, then BiOrb classic 60 aquarium can be an excellent option for you. The tank is folded over with consistent shaded acrylic that makes it look amazing and consummately blend in with your cutting-edge home furnishings. The tank doesn’t consume an excess of room space with its little surface area, but the magnificence it brings to your home stylistic layout is gigantic.
The BiOrb classic has a dimension of 20.3 x 20.3 x 22 inched with a weight of around 16.75 pounds
- It only takes a small amount of space to keep the tank
- Made of acrylic which is much stronger than glass or plastic.
- The BIOrb comes with a unique 5 stage filtration system.
- Circular shape makes the tank look stylish and unique.
- The BiOrb has a 5–stage unique filtration system.
- It comes with everything that you will require to start your aquarium.
- Price can be a bit on the expensive side.
- It doesn’t come with any of the decorations, as shown in the picture.
Our Thoughts On biOrb Classic 60 Aquarium with LED – 16 Gallon
The BiOorb classic 60 aquarium is a uniquely designed circular–shaped aquarium made of acrylic. This tank comes with a 5–stage filtration system, which will make sure that you are getting pure and freshwater for your fishes. More importantly, you will almost get everything included with the tank that you will need to run the aquarium. The LED light is more than bright to give you enough light in the dark. Saying all that the BiOrb is a beautifully designed 16-gallon tank and if you are searching more a smaller tank that will look flush with your all other furnishers, then without any second thought, you can go for this tank.
8. Aqueon 15 Gallon Column Deluxe Aquarium
- All Glass Aquarium 15 Column Black Deluxe Kit.
- Integrated Fluorescent Light Hood
Those of you who still like the traditional aquarium and are looking for a full glass aquarium, then Aqueon 15-gallon Column deluxe aquarium, can be a perfect option for you. This aquarium comes with a full spectrum of T5 light, which is integrated into the fluorescent hood. The design and functionality make the tank very easy to operate; you can control the lights with a simple built-in rocker switch. The tank will also come with a guide that shows how to set it up and also maintain the unit.
The Aqueon column deluxe has a dimension of 32 x 25 x 15 inches with a weight of 25.7 pounds.
- Made up of all glass
- Comes with a setup and care guide
- Integrated Fluorescent lighting hood
- Easy to control the settings
- There is a very good quality power filter with the tank for proper filtering.
- The tank is very easy to setup
- It can easily breakdown due to the all-glass construction, so it must be placed with care.
Our Thoughts On Aqueon All Glass Aquarium AAG17004 15column Black Deluxe Kit
This tank is made for people who still like the old and traditional glass construction aquarium. This 15-gallon tank does come with some substantial features like the integrated fluorescent lighting hood, power flow filter, and many more. If you are someone who likes to keep things simple and hassle-free, then the Aque4on deluxe aquarium is the perfect choice for you. The unit lighting is also straightforward to control with simple built-in rocker switches.
What to look for before buying the best 15 gallon fish tanks?
Before you buy the best 15 gallon fish tanks and choose which model is the best one for you, you should understand well how to find the best 15 gallon fish tank. When it comes to selecting the best aquarium, the job is not that easy, and you need to be very precise and accurate while selecting the best setup for you. It always depends on your requirements. SO down below, I will be discussing everything that you need to keep in mind while choosing the best 15 gallon fish tank.
Properly check out all the accessories that they will be provided with the tank while you are buying it and make sure that the tank consists of everything that you require to start your aquarium.
It is always advisable that you should go for a setup that comes with everything like a filter, pumps, etc. which will save you from the trouble from buying all the accessories individually.
Total number of fishes you are going to keep:
Fishes vary in size and shape; you don’t want to make your fishes uncomfortable in the tank. So, it is always necessary that you study the fishes you are going to keep and do the precise calculation if your tank got enough space to keep them.
Construction of the tank:
The toughness of the tank matters, so it is ideal for picking one that can oppose splitting and chipping. Acrylic may be superior to glass in such a manner. Likewise, you can peruse customer surveys for thoughts on durable fish tanks that can last a more drawn out time than the others are. Here and there, it likewise pays off to check the brand since certain producers demonstrate better in guaranteeing the fulfillment of their clients with a quality and strong tank.
The floor of the aquarium:
The floor of the aquarium plays an important role if you wish to place plants in your aquarium. So, while buying an aquarium, choose the soil bed correctly according to the plants that you wish to keep.
Filtering is very important for the aquarium since it will remove all the impurities in your water, and this is highly associated with the health of your fishes and plants in the aquarium. So, choosing the perfect filter is always important while you are buying an aquarium.
You can pick among types of filters; interior and exterior. Exterior filters are better, but they require a stand or a fixed structure to conceal them. Interior filters usually are somewhat less proficient and are not versatile.
Types of 15 Gallon Fish Tanks:
While you are choosing the best 15 gallon fish tanks, it is crucial for you that you know the different types of 15 gallon fish tanks to make your choice easier.
Tanks are usually made up of two types of materials; acrylic and glass. Acrylic is much stronger than glass but is surely more expensive compared to glass.
Glass tanks are less prone to scratches compared to acrylic but are much heavier and can break easily.
So whether you choose glass or acrylic depends on you, but if your house has kids and other pets, it is better to avoid glass and go for acrylic because acrylic is less prone to breakage and will serve you a long time.
Frequently Asked Question
So far, I have nearly discussed everything you need to know regarding 15 gallon tank. But even after that, you may have some questions. So in this section, I will try to answer a few of the frequently asked questions regarding the best 15 gallon fish tanks.
1. What sort of fish should I keep in my 15 gallon fish tank?
Answer: Well, 15 gallon fish tank is pretty small and cannot accommodate larger types of fishes. Hence, it is advisable that you keep small fishes. Don’t get disheartened because there are many different types of small fishes and you can build a huge diversity in your fish tank. But, always make sure not to make your tank overcrowded.
2. What is the average weight of a 15 gallon fish tank?
Answer: The size and weight of a fish tank always depend on the build material of the tank. Generally, tanks made out of acrylic is lighter than the tanks made out of glass.
3. What number of fishes should I keep in my tank
Answer: According to experts, each gallon can hold an inch of fish, and this generally has been followed for many years now. So, to be exact, you can always start with 15 fishes and then increase the number to 20 as you become more expert.
4. Do all the 15 gallon fish tanks come with all the accessories?
Answer: no, all of the tanks do not come with all the accessories. However, most of the tank that I stated above comes with all basic accessories like pumps, filters, etc. But, in case you are just starting with the aquarium, then I would suggest you to always go for starter kits that come with all pre-loaded accessories. Hence, you can easily start your aquarium journey.
Why should I select a 15 gallon tank instead of a larger tank:
There can be several reasons that you should go for a 15 gallon tank. The reasons are as follows.
Easy for beginners and easy setup
If you are an amateur in this arena, then you should always start with a smaller tank, and the 15 gallon models are probably the best choice for it. The 15 gallon fish tanks are very easy to set up and maintain. Additionally, you will be able to learn to take care of fish easily using a smaller tank.
Even for experts, keeping fish is not that cheap. But, a smaller tank can hugely reduce that cost because you don’t need expensive larger accessories to keep the tank.
Maintenance is very easy and cheap
Something that makes a little tank of this size more favorable than bigger ones is because of the less upkeep they need. You don’t need to stress over high maintenance since you are keeping fewer fishes, and it is easier to maintain fewer fishes compared to a greater number of fishes.
The main goal of this writeup was to provide every one of you out there with a goal to give all of you the list of top 8 best 15 gallon fish tanks. In this whole article, I tried to cover not just the tanks but also everything that you need to know in order to keep fishes in 15 gallon tanks. Whether you choose the acrylic tank or the glass tank, it is necessary that you maintain the tank well to ensure the proper growth of the fishes in the tank. Don’t just rush into decisions reading my suggestions, before going for a 15 gallon tank do your research properly. But above, I listed the best 15 gallon fish tanks, I believe, to be the best in the market at this moment. Well, keeping aquarium fishes is not just a hobby for me, it has become a part of my life, and if you wish to join the journey. Why not? Welcome aboard!!! Get the 15 gallon fish tank of your choice and join the journey.